Tips on choosing your wedding florist
Wedding flowers are one of the most important elements of planning your special day. So how do you select the florist who will provide the flowers for your wedding? What questions should you ask?
Here are our tips:
1. Tell the florist about your venue, the number of guests, the general style you want to create, and your ideas about the decor and colour. If you are like most brides and have collected wedding magazines, show them pictures of previous weddings and floristry taken from these magazines.
2. Ask to see a photo portfolio of the florist’s previous work.
3. Inform the florist your budget – they can then advise you on the best way of meeting your needs.
4. Tell them – how many guests / tables, how many bridesmaids, ushers etc
5. The florist should visit the venue with you at least once.
6. Ask the florist :
a) How many weddings / events they will have on the same day as your big day
b) What flowers will be in season
c) Are there any additional costs – delivery, installation, collection, etc?
d) Can the florist supply candelabras, vases, urns etc or do you need to source these items myself?
Make sure the florist is receptive to your ideas, and that you feel comfortable with them. Remember you are trusting them with one of the most important days of your life!